Domestic Violence Attorneys in Southern California
Strong, Effective Representation for Southern California Victims of Domestic Violence
Domestic violence claims thousands of lives every year and many thousands more families are destroyed. In the past, men were often viewed as the perpetrators and women the victims. Statistics indicate, however, that an increasing number of women are now charged with domestic abuse every year. It is truly a problem that has a negative effect on everyone involved.
At Holstrom, Sissung, Marks & Anderson, we take the issue of domestic violence very seriously. Our lawyers offer a full range of services, including filing for immediate temporary restraining orders and working with authorities to enforce police protective orders. More to the point, they can start working to protect you and your children today.
For a free telephone consultation — call any of our three Southern California office locations directly or contact us online.
Misconceptions About Domestic Violence
- Domestic violence doesn’t necessarily have to involve physical hitting. In fact, it has many forms, including sexual abuse, emotional or psychological abuse, intimidation, economic deprivation, stalking, property damage, harassment or threats of violence.
- Domestic violence doesn’t have to occur in the context of a husband-wife or boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. Grandparents and other relatives can be domestic abusers, roommates, friends, co-workers and casual acquaintances too. In fact, you don’t even have to live under the same roof as your abuser in order to be a victim of domestic violence.
- Domestic violence doesn’t have to be an every day or every week occurrence. It may be frequent; it may not be. Periods of stress may trigger an attack or there may be no rhyme or reason to it at all. The one thing to remember is that regardless of whether it’s currently affecting you or not, domestic violence does not go away on its own. Over time, it will almost always grow worse.
Our attorneys are committed to aggressively protecting our clients and their children from domestic abuse and to handling every case with dignity, respect, and complete confidentiality.
Get the experienced, dedicated legal representation you deserve — call any one of our office locations directly or contact us online.
Free Telephone Consultations/Major Credit Cards Accepted
- Corona Office: (951) 734-6371
- Orange Office: (714) 633-8258
- Riverside Office: (951) 274-9448
- San Bernardino Office: (909) 919-2041